May 15, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival -- Pastel Turn by Turn

In looking at my old posts, I realized I hadn't shared promised photos of my two finished Turn by Turn quilts.  Since the Blogger's Quilt Festival started today, it seems like the perfect time--and motivation (!!), so they will be my two entries. 

This is the smaller of the two.  I apologize for the wrinkles.  I had to run out in between rain storms to try to photograph it despite a bit of wind.  Fortunately, my "helper" was pretty picky about getting it "just right".

The two quilts are made the same way, but this one is scaled down so that the blocks measure roughly 6 inches.  This was supposed to be a baby sized quilt, but so many of my Kaffe pieces clamored to be included and I couldn't say no, so it ended up being 60 x 60, minus a little for shrinkage.

As always, Yvette did a lovely job quilting it.

The back fabric is from a Lakehouse fabric line called Sausalito Cottage. 

I purchased it while traveling and had to piece it in order to have enough.  As luck would have it, just after piecing it, I remembered why I had purchased it.  It is supposed to be an inner border for another project.  (oh well)
 
 
My helper was exhausted from all the work.  Fortunately she can (and does) sleep anywhere and anytime.
 
Be sure to check out all the lovely quilts in the Blogger's Festival at Amy's Creative Side
This one is in the Small Quilt category.  It measures just barely under 240" in total. It was pieced by me, and quilted by Yvette of Yvette's Custom Quilting. 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It's beautiful!! Good luck in the Festival.

Renee said...

It's neat seeing both version and the different effect fabrics and colors have on the pattern!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Ohh I love the colours in this quilt also!! It's great to see the same pattern done in different colours.